aka University of Detroit Stadium
Year opened: 1922
Known as Titan Stadium, University of Detroit Stadium, and Dinan Field throughout its existence.
Pro football tenants:
Detroit Wolverines (NFL), 1928
Detroit Lions (NFL), 1934-37, 39
Postseason games hosted:
NFL Championship, Lions 26 Giants 7, Dec. 15, 1935
Other tenants of note:
University of Detroit, 1922-64
Notes: The Lions played their first two home games of the 1939 season at the stadium but returned to Briggs Stadium for the remainder of the year. Owned by and used for University of Detroit football until the school dropped the sport following the 1964 season. The stadium was used for club football from 1967-71. Also used for track & field. An oddity was that the stadium’s light towers stood between the stands and the field.
Fate: Demolished in 1971, the site is now used as a parking lot. The light towers remained standing for several years afterward to illuminate the lot.