Year opened: 1887
Huntingdon Grounds, 1895-1913
Baker Bowl, 1913-50 (unofficial)
aka National League Park, 1895-1938 (official)
Also at various times referred to as Philadelphia Base Ball Park and Phillies Ball Park
Pro football tenants:
Frankford Yellow Jackets (NFL), 1931
Philadelphia Eagles (NFL), 1933-35
Postseason games hosted:
Other tenants of note:
Philadelphia Phillies (MLB – NL), 1887-1938
Notes: Extra seating was added for football when the Eagles moved in. The stadium was owned by major league baseball’s Phillies and was named for a one-time owner of that club, William F. Baker. Also used for bicycle racing and for a time contained a banked track for that purpose. Tragic mishaps occurred in 1903, when a section of the left field balcony collapsed onto the street below, killing 12 and injuring over 200, and 1927 when a section of the grandstand collapsed, causing some 50 injuries. After Phillies left for Shibe Park, upper deck was removed and stadium was used for midget car racing, ice skating, and other sports.
Fate: Demolished in 1950, the site is now occupied by a bus maintenance facility for the Philadelphia School District.