Los Angeles, CA
Year opened: 1934
Gilmore Stadium, 1934-52
Pro football tenants:
Los Angeles Bulldogs (AFL and other), 1936-46
Postseason games hosted:
PCPFL Championship, Bulldogs 38 Tacoma 7, Jan. 19, 1947
Other tenants of note:
Hollywood Stars (minor league baseball), 1939
Notes: Hosted NFL All-Star Game, Jan. 14, 1940 & Dec. 29, 1940. Extra seating was added to bring stadium capacity up to 21,000 for the second NFL All-Star Game. Los Angeles Bulldogs played as an independent pro club in 1936, were part of the second American Football League in 1937, returned to exclusively independent play in ’38, were with the American Professional Football League in 1939 and the Pacific Coast Professional Football League from 1939-46. Also used by minor league baseball Hollywood Stars while neighboring Gilmore Park was under construction. Used for midget car racing, 1934-50, as well as boxing and other sports. Stadium constructed by Earl Gilmore, president of A.F. Gilmore Oil Company.
Fate: Demolished in 1952 and CBS Television City was constructed on the site.